Rihanna said she felt angry and betrayed but at the same time confused after that faithful night her life changed in February of 2009.

Oprah Winfrey Network has released another preview from the highly predictable interview aired this weekend. In this segment RiRi opens upwardly about the fiasco between herself and her ex-boyfriend Chris Brownish.

"I lost my best friend," Rihanna told Oprah while fighting back tears. "Like everything I knew was switched. Switched in a night. And I couldn't command that. So I had to deal with that, and that's non easy for me to empathise or interpret. And it'due south not easy to interpret on camera, non with the world watching."

The "Where Accept You Been" singers says she was securely concerned about Chris after the incident that left her face battered.

"I felt protective," Rihanna said. "I felt like the only person they detest right at present is him. It was a weird, confusing space to be in because as aroused as I was, as aroused and injure and betrayed, I just felt like he made that fault because he needed help, and who's gonna assist him? Nobody's gonna say he needs help. Everybody's gonna say he's a monster without looking at the source. I was more concerned virtually him."

Rihanna's full interview on "Oprah's Next Chapter" arrogance this Sunday on Ain at 9 p.thou. ET.

See a preview of Rihanna and Oprah interview beneath.